Saturday, December 13, 2008

Making up for last week

I met up with Meg and Pam today for a morning run. Pam is good friends with Meg and she is in our Tuesday/Thursday weights class. Pam is WAY more fit than Meg and I - so we said she was slumming by running with us. Anyway, Pam is doing the Sarasota half and her running people aren't doing the distances Pam needs.

We set out to do 10 and I felt great! It wasn't until we were about a mile from the Y that I started to slow down. I decided, though that I needed to make up for last week's miserable 12 and do two extra miles. Pam didn't do two more with us because she had to go to teach Jazzercise. The last two were pretty slow, but we did it! We did 12 miles!

Not only did we do 12, we did them with the new 3-1 interval!! I feel like we just climbed over a major hurdle. I know there will be tons more hurdles, but we got over one!!

I used the Sharkies today and I really like them. The stick in your teeth, so it takes longer to eat them and so I don't use as many. I didn't do Gatorade with my water and I didn't have any stomach trouble. I think the Gatorade doesn't work for me.

Now if I can just not eat 2/3rds of the cookies I'm baking today, I'll be all set!

No comments: